Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We have been providing telephone consultations over the past 11 weeks and we are pleased to announce we will be commencing all dental care on 8th June.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made
these changes to help protect our patients and team.
Clinic Reopening Guide
Measures to jeep both you and our team safe during COVID-19
- UPatient Pre-Screening
- PBefore your appointment you will be contacted and be asked about Covid-19 symptoms and your risk group.
- bEmergency and Pain Appointments Prioritised
- PWe will triage you to make sure the most urgent are seen first, Please come alone to your appointment unless you need a parent or guardian as a chaperone.
- Online Consutaltions
- PTo save you having to travel to see a dentist, we are still offering telephone consultations and will be introducing video consultations shortly.
- NTemperature Check
- PWe will be implementing digital touchless thermometer readings on arrival.
- Social Distancing
- PSocial distancing will be enforced everywhere except the treatment rooms. We will be staggering our appointments to minimise the number of people at our practices at any one time.
- PHand Sanitiser and Face masks
- POn entering the building, you will be directed to wash your hands. When in the dental surgery before treatments you will be asked to use an antiviral mouthwash.
- }Arrive On Time
- PWe appreciate if you arrive on time as you will be escorted directly to your treatment room.
- Team Personal Protective Equipment
- PThe hove Dental Clinical Team will wear masks, gloves, aprons/ gowns and face shields/goggles during your treatment.
- Contactless Payment
- PPlease try an pay via card, Android pay, Apple pay or BACS payment wherever possible.
- Virtual Reception
- PAppointments can be booked online, or contacting us via phone email.
Further Information and Guidance
Before attending the practice:
- We will carry out a pre-attendance assessment on the phone
- We would recommend that patients in high-risk and extremely high-risk groups delay non-essential dental treatment for as long as possible until the trend of the pandemic becomes clear. To find out whether you are in a higher or very high-risk group please see the link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/
- When traveling to the practice, we would recommend that you limit your close contact with other members of the public as far as possible. If you are able to drive or be driven and picked up by somebody with whom you live, this would be ideal. Alternatively, walk or cycle to the dental practice.
- Please attend alone if possible (unless a child or vulnerable adult).
- Try not bring any unnecessary bags or belongings with you.
- Please attend punctually at the time of your appointment and avoid waiting in the practice unnecessarily. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Visit the bathroom BEFORE coming to see us if possible.
- We will attempt to complete treatments wherever possible to avoid second visits and to reduce your travel.
Arriving at the practice:
- Your temperature will be taken (contactless). Should this be above the normal range, then we will ask to re-schedule your appointment.
- We will ask you to hand sanitise and pre-rinse with an anti-COVID disinfecting oral rinse for 30 secs. If you dont have your own face mask, we will be happy to provide you with one on attendance to protect you and us.
- Our team is going to be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE). Rest assured, behind the mask, eyewear, faceshield and gown are the same friendly people you have trusted with your dental care in the past.
- Seating in the reception area is limited and has been arranged for your safety and so that it complies with the Government’s social distancing guidelines.
- Please try and pay by card if possible. Payment is accepted by credit card, debit card via Chip and Pin, via Apple or Android pay or BACS / bank transfer prior to the appointment.
Despite the screen and enhanced PPE, you will still see our smiling faces. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call us on 01273 526574 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back.
Dimitri & The Team at Hove Dental Clinic